This is a Sunday post on Jolicloud, the new easysimple Web OS for Netbooks.
So, no data, but just ideas ... in disorder ;-)
- The Alpha 2c version of Jolicloud by Tariq Krim's team is really just an alpha, let's say a general test before the real thing can come out.
- 96% of all Netbooks sold are now shipped with ... no, not Linux, but old Windows XP.
- I do not believe that an experienced entrepreneur as Tariq Krim, has chosen to compete with Microsoft and Google and ... Linux just to do a Ubuntu Netbook Remix in a "delux" version.
- Open Source is not the future. Open Source is here but ... not all players are the same in Open Source game. I tend to trust less Microsoft Open Source than other players ;-)
- The Social side of Jolicloud will not be imposed and, for sure, it is not what we see now.
- JoliCloud is targeted to the "general public" that means that you should not need to be a Linux geek to use it. For sure most of the future "normal users" will come from Window/Google worldsmore than Apple/Linux.
- Jolicloud is an Internet operating system, not a device OS.
- HTML5 , the upcoming major revision of the HyperText Markup Language (HTML), the main method of marking up content for sharing on the World Wide Web., is going to change the Web as we know it now.
- Technological convergence, the tendency for different technological systems to evolve towards performing similar tasks, is arriving at an interesting point with the jonction of mobile phones - smartphones - netbooks - laptops - .... with similar OS and same Applis.